Friday, July 29, 2011

Roses Part 1: Rolled with Glue Gun

I've been working on several different types of fabric flower for a friend of mine, and she sent me this blog for a how-to on rolled roses. There are lots of different instructions on how to do rolled roses online, but so far her's have been the clearest I've found. Here is her rose:
And here are mine:

(I found the leaves idea somewhere else... still looking for that link)
I did the left one by cutting the piece and the right one by tearing the piece. You can't tell it in the picture but there is not really all that much difference, they both frayed a bit.
I'm fairly happy with them. I used the same length piece for both of them but you can see how the right one is tighter and smaller. It also caves upwards.

Discoveries:
  1. What she says about the low-temp glue gun? Follow it please. Don't be me, I'm not always the smartest cookie in the box.
  2. Apparently Jo-Ann's sells a glue stick that is clear but drys white. Another tally off the rapidly decreasing Jo-Ann scoreboard.
  3. I think I'm going to try a sewn version of these next. Gluing was messy and the roses won't "bloom" as they might if they were sewn.

No comments:

Post a Comment